This policy applies to all Personal Data we process regardless of the media on which that data is stored or how the data is received.
RJS Business Support is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using our website, social media, what’s app, electronic or hard copy documents, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
RJS Business Support may change this policy from time to time. You should check this policy from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 14th August 2019.
WHAT WE COLLECT
We may collect the following information:
• Contact information, including email address and a telephone number
• Postal or email address to send correspondence including invoices to;
• Other information relevant to customer surveys, updates and/or offers
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER
We require this information on the basis of our legitimate business interest to be able to invoice for payments, understand your current & future needs, and provide you with a better service, and in particular reference to clients for the following reasons:
• If we supply services to you, we rely on the fact that it is necessary for us to have and to use your personal information for the performance of our contract with you as the lawful basis on which we collect and use your personal data
• Internal record keeping and transactional emails
• To comply with legal & contractual obligations
• We may use the information to improve our products and services
• From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research, or to discuss products which may be of interest. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect physically, electronically and online.
We have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any appropriate regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to us at: RJS Business Support, 76 Nettleham Road, Woodseats, Sheffield, S8 8SX or emailing us at Rhian@rjs-bs.co.uk
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to: 76 Nettleham Road, Woodseats, Sheffield, S8 8SX or emailing us at Rhian@rjs-bs.co.uk
You have a number of important rights under the General Data Protection Regulation:
• Require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
• Require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
• Receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us in a structured machine-readable format
• Object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing or certain other circumstances
If you would like to exercise any of those rights
• Email or write to our Data Manager Rhian Scott
• Let us have enough information to identify you including proof of your identity & address (copy of your driving licence or passport & a recent utility or credit card bill)
• Let us know the information to which your request relates.
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION PRINCIPLES
We adhere to the principles relating to Processing of Personal Data set out in the GDPR which require Personal Data to be:
• Processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner (Lawfulness, Fairness and Transparency).
• Collected only for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes (Purpose Limitation).
• Adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which it is Processed (Data Minimisation).
• Accurate and where necessary kept up to date (Accuracy).
• Not kept in a form which permits identification of Data Subjects for longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the data is Processed (Storage Limitation).
• Processed in a manner that ensures its security using appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect against unauthorised or unlawful Processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage (Security, Integrity and Confidentiality).
• Not transferred to another country without appropriate safeguards being in place (Transfer Limitation).
• Made available to Data Subjects and Data Subjects allowed to exercise certain rights in relation to their Personal Data (Data Subject’s Rights and Requests).
We are responsible for and must be able to demonstrate compliance with the data protection principles listed above (Accountability).
All complaints should be made to our Data Manager, Rhian Scott whom we hope will be able to resolve your issue or concern.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you a right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.